About CPCS Mill Creek
PRESCHOOL & PREKINDERGARTEN
Cedar Park Christian Preschool desires to be an extension of the Christian home. We believe that the teaching of children should support parents and the church in a partnership relationship, where children begin to develop a Christian worldview. Our goal is an active, developmentally appropriate Christian early childhood education by providing hands-on, engaging opportunities with rich, meaningful content. Through excitement and enthusiasm for learning we want each child to feel safe and secure as they begin to understand that God created and loves them personally. By encouraging each child to make their own choices as they play and learn they, in turn, will begin to understand their world.
- Three’s Preschool
- Three year olds attend class two times a week. Through the use of learning centers children are encouraged by hands-on experiences, introducing them to God’s wonderful world. Children are exposed to beginning alphabet recognition and recall of the corresponding sound. Early mathematical skills also enhance this program.
- Classes meet Tuesdays and Thursdays, for an AM session. Enrollment is open throughout the school year on a space-available basis. Children must be three years old and potty-trained.
- Four’s Preschool
- The four’s class offers a rich academic experience three days a week. The focus is on a strong phonics program along with specific literacy skills and experience with quality literature. Beginning writing skills are taught and practiced. Children learn basic math concepts through hands-on activities leading to a solid foundation for advanced mathematics.
- Classes meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, for an AM session. Enrollment is open throughout the school year on a space-available basis. Children must be four years old.
The Pre-K class has been designed for those students who are ready for a more challenging academic experience in preparation for our kindergarten program. This class meets five days a week, AM or PM, and is designed to build increased confidence to better prepare your child for kindergarten. Enrollment is open throughout the school year on a space-available basis. Children must be at least four years old.
A Parent’s Responsibilities
- As parents, you can help make this first experience a positive one. As the most significant people in your child’s life, you can make a difference. Take time to talk to your child about their day.
- Opportunities are available for parents to be actively involved in the classroom experience. At CPCS, we encourage your participation and welcome your assistance.
- To treat each student as a unique child of God with individual likes, needs, and abilities.
- To meet the child at his or her current level and take him or her to the next step of learning.
- To regularly communicate with parents about what their children are learning in school and how to reinforce that learning at home.
- To model the love of the Lord to the children.
View the Documents & Forms page for preschool and childcare tuition information.
“Train up a child in the way he should go and when he grows old, he will not depart from it” Proverbs 22:6
We advance our students in preparation for the following grade and as a whole they test out about a year to a year and a half ahead of grade level. Our class sizes tend to be small with an excellent student to teacher ratio which enables our campus to have a more intimate and effective learning experience. All teachers have a day after school that is offered as tutorial time available for students to get the extra help they may need in a given subject. The reality is many teachers are available every day after school. We mainly utilize both Bob Jones University Press and Abeka curriculum in our school. Our academic program is fully accredited as a district for all of our campuses.
Elementary School provides a superior academic education in a loving, Christian atmosphere. Bob Jones Press curriculum is used in the content areas of Social Studies, Math, and Bible in grades K – 5 and in Language Arts (reading, spelling, writing, grammar, handwriting) in grades 3 – 5. ABeka is used in grades K – 2 as a phonics based reading program.
Cedar Park Christian School Bellevue Campus has experienced and trained teachers that lead, guide, and direct students to reach and achieve their highest potential. All staff members are committed and dedicated to the spiritual, emotional, and academic success of every student. Students are encouraged and expected to give and do their best, allowing God to help them develop the skills and gifts that He has given them.
Extended Care is offered for students in Kindergarten (minimum age 5) through 8th grade on a first-come, first-served basis and is not available on school holidays. Application submission does not guarantee acceptance.
Hours of Operation:
MORNINGS: 7:30 – 8:30 AM
AFTERNOONS: 3:00 – 6:00 PM
MIDDLE SCHOOL (6th-8th)
Middle School serves as a transition from elementary to high school. Students are supported in their spiritual, academic, emotional, social, and physical growth. Middle School includes students in grades 6-8. CPCS Mill Creek does not offer high school but many of our students transition to CPCS Lynnwood or CPCS Bothell for high school.
Our middle school students receive an education that prepares them to be academically, spiritually, and personally prepared with a Biblical worldview that helps them positively impact our world. Our Middle School program has specially trained faculty to meet the needs of our 6th-8th grade students, preparing the whole student for their HS years.
Cedar Park Christian School Mill Creek has highly skilled and trained staff that teach, lead, guide, and direct students to reach and achieve their highest potential. All staff members are committed and dedicated to the spiritual, emotional, and academic success of every student. Students are encouraged and expected to give and do their best, allowing God to help them develop the skills and gifts that He has given them. Personal connections with students are a priority and class sizes are kept low to allow for support and growth. Grade level teachers work together to integrate curriculum allowing students to successively progress through their middle school years. Solid preparation is made for HS. Core subjects: math, science, language, history and Bible are taught in addition to key electives: art, computers, leadership, and band. Chapel services are held every week with topics, concerns, and Biblical truths being addressed on a level that best reaches and helps our MS students grow personally in their faith. The Legacy curriculum is taught at each grade level helping students to understand God’s purpose for them as young men and women. Mentor groups and assigned homerooms allow a personal connection for each and every student.
Cedar Park Christian School Mill Creek offers activities for all student interests. Field trips that supplement learning, extracurricular academics that accentuate learning, social activities that promote physical health and team spirit, and technology and art programs that allow for and encourage creativity are offered. Tutorials are offered weekly by all teachers either before, during, or after school to increase student learning and understanding . The teachers, staff, parents, and students serving on Leadership/ASB work hard to plan and host events that allow the MS to come together as one. These events include and are not limited to: MS Back to School Bash, movie/pizza parties, Middle School Mania, raising money for Royal Family Kids Camp (RFKC), and helping with church youth activities like the annual Easter Egg Hunt and the RFKC Christmas Party. Opportunities to compete against other schools in sports and academics occur year round. In sports this includes: soccer, volleyball, cross country, football, baseball, softball, and track and field. Academically this includes the participation in ACSI local, district and national spelling bee and Math Olympics. Opportunities for community service and reaching out to others at school, church, and locally in the community are given, encouraged and expected.
At Cedar Park Christian School Mill Creek the administration, teachers, support staff, and parents work to create unity for the success of the students. With sound purpose to teach and learn from a Biblical worldview, values that support that Biblical worldview, and a mission that encourages the support of a Biblical worldview, changed lives are changing lives. Teachers, faculty, staff and parents work towards having the students develop a lifelong personal relationship with Jesus Christ as they are academically, socially, and spiritually prepared and equipped for their HS years.